The energy-saving industrial fan frequency converter is built-in and fixed on the wall inside the control cabinet in most cases. When installing, maintaining, and servicing the entire fan system, we must not overlook the impact of heat. The failure rate of the frequency converter inverter increases exponentially with temperature, while the expected lifespan exponentially decreases with temperature. Every time the ambient temperature increases by approximately 5 degrees Celsius, the lifespan of the frequency converter is halved. Therefore, it is crucial to pay attention to the heat dissipation issue.
For the heat dissipation of the energy-saving industrial fan frequency converter, we need to consider the following points during installation:
- When assembling the frequency converter in the control cabinet, we should take into account the maximum heat load of the converter. Based on the increase in heat load of the cabinet, choose an appropriate size of the control cabinet to meet the heat dissipation requirements.
- During the installation of the frequency converter, try to place the heat dissipation part of the converter outside the control cabinet, allowing 70% of the frequency converter's heat to be released outside the cabinet.
- When installing cooling fans for the frequency converter or heat exchangers for the control cabinet, it is recommended to install cabinet-style air conditioning and anti-condensation heaters.
After optimizing the hardware heat dissipation issues of the energy-saving fan frequency converter, we need to pay attention to heat dissipation problems in daily maintenance:
- It is essential to check the operation of the frequency converter daily. First, check the ambient temperature and humidity around the frequency converter. High temperatures can cause overheating alarms and potentially damage the power supply or even cause circuit shorts. Excessive humidity can cause inverters to short-circuit.
- Regular cleaning of the internal and external parts of the frequency converter is necessary to prevent foreign objects from entering and blocking the airflow, leading to poor heat dissipation and excessive load.
- Ensure the protection of the cooling fan. The fan installed inside the control cabinet is the main method of internal heat dissipation, ensuring the normal operation of the control circuit. If the fan is not functioning properly, protective measures should be taken immediately.
The heat dissipation performance of the frequency converter directly affects the overall operation and energy-saving effect of the energy-saving industrial fan. Therefore, production, installation, and maintenance personnel need to pay special attention to this issue.